Mondo Gecko & Time of My Life (Israel & Slovakia) - Split 7" (2010)



Tracklist:
Mondo Gecko
1. Haifa
2. Unemployed Lucifer
3. Psychosis To Control
4. Trawsko
5. Empty Kofola Bottles
Time of My Life
1. People Make My Dad Mad!
2. You Really Annoy Me
3. U Nás Doma
Total playing time 13:22

This Urban Decay episode, Israel teams up with Slovakia to bring the punk.

Mondo Gecko (Tel Aviv, Israel) play pretty fast; perhaps on skateboards, perhaps not. I gotta say, they're probably among my favorite lizard-worshiping bands, alongside, erm, Nile. Frantically picked riffs reminisce of quality crossover thrash, and one might find himself wondering whether it was the band or a corn kernel that just popped. Audio aside, they've put a lot of trivia on their myspace, including what their lyrics deal about + the actual lyrics (same with Time of My Life), which I like seeing.

"Our lyrics deal with mental health, fantasy and imagination, ganja and the everyday life in a small isolated country in which way too many people are named "AVI"."

Now, that's what they say. What if Mondo Gecko is actually a bunch of cultist reptiles out to get David Icke? Gotta stay alert, man.

The guys from Time of My Life (Vysoké Tatry, Slovakia) would like to talk to you about their (punk as fuck) feelings. While thrashing, naturally. Being so goddamn childish, punk rock knows no bounds. Time of My Life is catchy and rather memorable, just like an obnoxious child. Here, check out some lyrics: "Blah. Blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah-blah-blah, blaaah." I'm not even joking. It's like they're deliberately trying to get on your nerves, but end up giving you the time of your life. I mean, how does that even work? I don't know, but it does. So, uh... Ever thought about having children? Now's the time.

I want your babies. All of them. (Mediafire)

Someone was industrious enough to scan every piece of the release and put it up on discogs. Nice!


Post a Comment

0 Comments